In May, the Titans held a mini-camp for rookies that lasted three days. In total, Tennessee closed camp with a total of 88 players in their roster of 90. There was clearly a gap for two more players to join the team. The team drafted four players in 2018 and brought on board up to 22 undrafted agents. 21 players also took part in the mini-camp in Nashville. Joe Este became the 23rd free agent who is undrafted to sign with the Titans. This player no doubt impressed Robinson and Vrable. Este is a former UT-Martin cornerback. With this signing, it is expected that the Titans odds will be boosted greatly.
Upon getting the lucrative Tennessee contract, Este could not help but share the great news on social media. This player put his best foot forward at the mini-camp to impress the Titans and it paid off. Este is not your average player, he comes with a touching story of courage and strength. Originally, he is from Kenner, Louisiana and in the last two seasons, he played football at UT-Martin. While trying to excel at football, Este was juggling raising two nephews who he is in the process of adopting. Este has also given his mother a home; rescuing her from the streets.
It is no wonder that such a signing comes with great excitement. The talented player is highly driven and greatly gifted. In his words, he has always trusted God and he knows that there is a good plan for him going forward. Este could not help but break down in tears when the good news was delivered to him by Jon Robinson. Este exclaimed that this was a dream come true. He has always dreamed of making it to an NFL team. Finding such an opportunity to serve as an undrafted free agent is indeed a life-changing experience. He stated that it was the greatest feeling ever. In total, the Titans have 22 undrafted free agents and below is a breakdown of the players;
- Cornerback Elijaah Goins from Ohio State
- Cornerback Ryan McKinley also joins the team from Montana
- There are two safeties who are Damon Webb from Ohio State and Joshua Kalu from Nebraska
- From Duke, there is defensive tackle Mike Ramsay
- From UCLA, defensive end Matt Dickerson is also part of the team
- For the inside linebacker slot is Nick DeLuca from North Dakota State
- Sharif Finch from Temple is the outside linebacker
- There are two offensive tackles who are Nico Fala from USC and Elijah Nkansah from Toledo
- Aaron Stinnie is the offensive guard and he is from James Madison
- There are four wide receivers who are Camerson Batson, Deontay Burnett, Jordan Veasy and Devin Ross
- The Titans have three running backs including Akrum Wadley from Iowa, Larry Rose from New Mexico State and Dalyn Dawkins from Colorado State
- Ethan Wolf is the tight end from Tennessee
- Finally, the place kicker is Austin Barnard from Samford
Este therefore joins a vibrant team consisting of undrafted free agents, Titans veterans and 2018 draft picks. As he gets active in the OTAs, there is no doubt that this player is looking to create a name for himself in the team and beyond.